[DVIPDFMx] dvipdft in fmx distribution

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Apr 3 07:45:18 KST 2011

Hi ChoF,

    It seems that there was some problem in the mailing list
    "dvipdfmx at ktug.or.kr".

The problem was not about the mailing list specifically, but rather that
mail.ktug.or.kr. was refusing smtp connections, according to the error
messages.  Looks like that is better now, thanks.

    You are right. dvipdft was never included in the distribution,

It was part of the dvipdfm source distribution.  We don't have dvipdfm
any more, so you inherit it, just like ebb ... :).

    and I think that it has no meaning.

"No meaning"?  It's just a script, and (I suppose) still potentially
useful.  And Matthias made some changes for dvipdfmx, according to the
notes in the file.

If you really don't want to have it in dvipdfmx for some reason, I
suppose we can move it somewhere else.

    P.S. I hope to see the unification of dvipdfmx and xdvipdfmx at TeX
    Live 2012...

That would be nice.  Do you have anticipate having any time over the
next few months to work on the code?

Thanks,
Karl