[DVIPDFMx] dvipdft in fmx distribution

Jin-Hwan CHO chof at ktug.kr
Sun Apr 3 23:56:21 KST 2011

2011/4/3 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
> Hi ChoF,
>
>    It seems that there was some problem in the mailing list
>    "dvipdfmx at ktug.or.kr".
>
> The problem was not about the mailing list specifically, but rather that
> mail.ktug.or.kr. was refusing smtp connections, according to the error
> messages.  Looks like that is better now, thanks.

You are right. I found that the mail daemon was not running.

>    You are right. dvipdft was never included in the distribution,
>
> It was part of the dvipdfm source distribution.  We don't have dvipdfm
> any more, so you inherit it, just like ebb ... :).
>
>    and I think that it has no meaning.
>
> "No meaning"?  It's just a script, and (I suppose) still potentially
> useful.  And Matthias made some changes for dvipdfmx, according to the
> notes in the file.

It's my opinion that that thumbnail images have no important meaning
in these days,
because almost all PDF viewer software can do that automatically.

> If you really don't want to have it in dvipdfmx for some reason, I
> suppose we can move it somewhere else.

I don't mind if Matthias wants to have the script in the dvipdfmx distribution.
But I do not want to do that.

>    P.S. I hope to see the unification of dvipdfmx and xdvipdfmx at TeX
>    Live 2012...
>
> That would be nice.  Do you have anticipate having any time over the
> next few months to work on the code?

I hope so. But it is also true that making free time is quite hard
until summer vacation.

ChoF.