[DVIPDFMx] ICC Profile v 2.4.0

Clinton Gormley clint at traveljury.com
Mon Feb 8 00:28:41 KST 2010

Hi ChoF

> Actually I am not an expert on ICC profile and I never used that kind of files.
> The source codes of (x)dvipdfmx handling ICC profile were written by Hirata.
> I could find from the source codes that versions less than 2.2 are supported
> by PDF 1.4, but versions less than 4.0 are supported by PDF 1.5.

Ahhh, I get it now.  I had been setting the minor version in
dvipdfmx.cfg and thought that I had tested it and that it worked, but I
was incorrect.

I see from this email
(http://project.ktug.or.kr/pipermail/dvipdfmx/2009-August/000111.html )
that xdvipdfmx doesn't yet take the version from that cfg file.

I also didn't realise that it is a PDF version limitation, rather than a
lack of support in the current code.

> WIth dvipdfmx, you can change it by giving the option "-V5", but I do not know
> how to do that directly in XeTeX. However, if you do two steps as follows, you
> can.
>
> 1. xe(la)tex -no-pdf filename.tex
> 2. xdvipdfmx -V5 filename.xdv

Tried that out, and it works!  Many thanks

clint