[DVIPDFMx] ICC Profile v 2.4.0

Jin-Hwan Cho jinhwan.cho at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 23:03:14 KST 2010

Hi, Clinton Gormley,

Actually I am not an expert on ICC profile and I never used that kind of files.
The source codes of (x)dvipdfmx handling ICC profile were written by Hirata.
I could find from the source codes that versions less than 2.2 are supported
by PDF 1.4, but versions less than 4.0 are supported by PDF 1.5.

Therefore, you can use ICC profile v 2.4.0 if you raise the PDF version from
the default 1.4 to 1.5.

WIth dvipdfmx, you can change it by giving the option "-V5", but I do not know
how to do that directly in XeTeX. However, if you do two steps as follows, you
can.

1. xe(la)tex -no-pdf filename.tex
2. xdvipdfmx -V5 filename.xdv

Let me know if you need something about ICC profile for (x)dvipdfmx.

Best regards, ChoF.

Anyway, the source code