[DVIPDFMx] dvipdfmx --version / --help

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Oct 10 06:03:25 KST 2009

    1) In usage(), one could replace show_usage and show_version by something
    like

              fprintf(stdout, "\nType \"dvipdfmx --help\" for details.\n");

    Then mistakes on the command line don't automatically produce the
    help screen anymore. I sometimes find it annoying that simple typos
    fill most of the screen with text.

I fully agree.  For example, cp --foo reports:

cp: unrecognized option `--foo'
Try `cp --help' for more information.

I think that is the best approach.

    2) What about extractbb? Should we have the same options there?

Yes.  The ideal is that all executables should recognize those two
options.

Thanks,
Karl