[DVIPDFMx] is it possible to support pdf stream in dvipdfmx ?

luoyi luoyi.ly at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 00:25:43 KST 2009

Oh, I've just found even with your patched file, the following example
can't be compiled well:

% Example diagrams from the tutorial: Putting a Diagram in Chains
% Source: The TikZ & PGF manual
\documentclass{article}

\def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-dvipdfmx.def}
\usepackage[paperwidth=30cm, paperheight=15cm, margin=5mm]{geometry}
\usepackage{tikz}
\input pgfsys-dvipdfmx-patch.tex
\usetikzlibrary{chains,matrix,scopes,decorations.shapes,arrows,shapes,patterns,fadings}

\begin{document}

\begin{tikzpicture}
    % Checker board
    \fill [black!20] (-1.5,-1.5) rectangle (3.5,1.5);
    \pattern [pattern=checkerboard,pattern color=black!30]
        (-1.5,-1.5) rectangle (3.5,1.5);
    \node at (0,0) [opacity=0.5,forbidden sign,line width=2ex,
        draw=red,fill=white]
        {Smoking};
    \begin{scope}[opacity=.5,transparency group]
        \node at (2,0) [forbidden sign,line width=2ex,draw=red,fill=white]
        {Smoking};
    \end{scope}
    \begin{scope}[xshift=4cm,yshift=-1.5cm,path fading=south]
        % Checker board
        \fill [black!20] (0,0) rectangle (4,3);
        \pattern [pattern=checkerboard,pattern color=black!30]
            (0,0) rectangle (4,3);
        \fill [color=blue] (0.5,1.5) rectangle +(1,1);
        \fill [color=blue,path fading=north] (2.5,1.5) rectangle +(1,1);
        \fill [color=red,path fading] (1,0.75) ellipse (.75 and .5);
        \fill [color=red] (3,0.75) ellipse (.75 and .5);
    \end{scope}
\end{tikzpicture}

\end{document}

the latex command just give me the following error:

! Undefined control sequence.
\pgfutil at addpdfresource@extgs ...urce at extgs@plain
                                                  {#1}
l.20         {Smoking};

? X
No pages of output.

could you help to improve it ? thx very much!