[DVIPDFMx] is it possible to support pdf stream in dvipdfmx ?

luoyi luoyi.ly at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 11:13:04 KST 2009

hi, it looks like dvipdfmx lacks some fancy featuer pdftex have. some
times ago, I want to use beamer slide transitions in my presentation.
but found it can't work well with dvipdfmx. and the author(Till) reply
to me:

"indeed, they do not work. This is due to the fact that transitions
are hand-coded for pdflatex, currently. Beamer is only "indirectly"
aware of dvipdfm and does not support it very well. Support of dvipdfm
would be possible, but is not trivial."

now, I want to use the pgf's fading operation, but it still doesn't be
supported by dvipdfmx:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=2B1154D2-CB60-4C38-AA8C-04C80A795B28%40tcs.uni-luebeck.de

I want to know can we implement these things in dvipdfmx make it more usable.