[DVIPDFMx] supporting trimbox, &c. when making a .pdf

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Jul 30 20:42:41 KST 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 5:05 AM, Alexander Grahn wrote:

> \special{pdf: put @thispage <</TrimBox [9.0 9.0 621.0 801.0]>>}
>
> puts the trimbox entry to the /Page object of the page currently
> shipped
> out. As trimbox is not an inheritable attribute according to the PDF
> specification the command must be issued for every individual page.
> Unlike mediabox and cropbox which are explicitly qualified as
> inheritable,
> trimbox cannot be put to the /Pages dictionary which is the common
> parent
> node of all page objects of the document.
>
> The package atbegshi can be used to execute the code above for every
> page (XeLaTeX):
>
> \usepackage{atbegshi}
> \AtBeginShipout{\special{pdf: put @thispage <</TrimBox [9.0 9.0
> 621.0 801.0]>>}}

Thanks!

I'm afraid it's not working for me.... I tried it w/ memoir as well as
this minimal example:

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
\documentclass{minimal}

\usepackage[paperwidth=630bp,paperheight=810bp]{geometry}

\usepackage{atbegshi}
\AtBeginShipout{\special{pdf: put @thispage <</TrimBox [9.0 9.0 621.0
801.0]>>}}

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}
Test
\end{document}

Is there a particular version something that I should have?

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer