[DVIPDFMx] compiling & debugging dvipdfmx in TeXLive environment

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at hzdr.de
Fri Mar 9 22:32:00 KST 2012

Hi Oleg,

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 02:09:52PM +0100, Oleg Parashchenko wrote:
>Hello Alexander,
>
>On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 15:24:44 +0100
>Alexander Grahn <A.Grahn at hzdr.de> wrote:

>> I guess there is some bug in the usage of the kpathsea library that I
>> want to investigate. More specifically, I want to find out why dvipdfmx
>> does not locate files installed in the TDS and present in the file name
>> database, as well as files in the working directory.
>
>To my experience, sometimes kpathsee is configured in such a way, that
>more setup is required to run a tool from a non-standard location. See my
>notes and what works for me here:
>
>running TeX tools from non-standard locations

Thank you for your kind help! In the meantime I could sort out the
problem and I proposed a patch (kpathsea simply wasn't used to locate
files in connection with the fstream special, see my other mail).

I used the system based TeXLive installation of my Gentoo box. As Gentoo
maintains dvipdfmx in a separate package, it was easy to experiment
with a customized dvipdfmx source, compiled and copied into the correct
location after my modifications.

Thanks once more, regards,
Alexander