[DVIPDFMx] Problems with dvipdfm(x)

Jin-Hwan CHO chof at ktug.kr
Thu Apr 28 22:37:14 KST 2011

Dear Karl and Bart.

Try to make the bounding box info file by running "extractbb 05.45.jpg".
Then you can notice that the bounding box of "05.45.jpg" is not
"0 0 1057 1458" but "0 0 507 700". Therefore, the following command
will give you the right result if you use dvipdfmx.

\includegraphics[bb= 0 0 507 700, width=360pt]{05.45.jpg}

However, if you use dvipdfm, it requires the other bounding box information
"0 0 761 1050" which is generated by running "extractbb -m 05.45.jpg".
So, if you want to use dvipdfm instead of dvipdfmx, you need

\includegraphics[bb= 0 0 761 1051, width=360pt]{05.45.jpg}

Notice that the bounding box information used by dvipdfmx (xbb) is
the same as that of the pdf format. That's the reason why I introduce
the new program "xbb" instead of "ebb".

Best regards, ChoF.