[DVIPDFMx] strange bug

Vladimir N. Vlasov vlasov at lab.nsu.ru
Sat Jan 9 03:00:11 KST 2010

Dear colleagues,

I found a strange bug in dvipdfmx-20070518 (MikTeX 2.7, XP sp2 eng):

when working with

\usepackage{dsfont}

Adobe Acrobat (ver.8) can't extract embedded font '...+dsrom10" and
some characters don't display correctly.

But when I work with usual dvipdfm (performing the same file.dvi) I see no such problem at all.

And when I work with Yap with "Pk render method" I see this bug
(not all fonts could be loaded), but with "Dvips render method" -- no such
problem.

By the way, pdf-file both after dvipdfmx and after dvipdfm is
displaying in GSview 4.8 correctly.

Can you give an advise how to solve this problem with my dvipdfmx?

With best regards, Vladimir.