[DVIPDFMx] weird behavior with pdfcomment

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon Feb 15 07:22:16 KST 2010

Hi there,

I have discovered using both pdflatex and dvipdfmx include a blank line
before PDF annotations if used through pdfcomment:

        \documentclass{minimal}
        \usepackage{ifxetex}
        \usepackage{pdfcomment}
        \begin{document}
        Hi there.

        \pdfcomment[open=true]{Hi}

        This is an annotation.

        \ifxetex
        \special{pdf:ann << /Type /Annot /Subtype /Text /Open
        true /Contents (Hi) >>}

        This is another annotation.
        \else
        \pdfannot {/Subtype /Text /Open true /C [0 1 0] /Contents (Hi)}

        This is another annotation.
        \fi
        \end{document}

I reported the bug, but I was told that pdfcomment was right. I think
that PDF annotations are not part of the text body (they aren't intended
to be printed, at least by default) and it is not right to include blank
lines before them.

Which is the wrong approach: pdf:annot or pdfcomment using it?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo