[DVIPDFMx] play multimedia attached file

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon Feb 15 06:53:11 KST 2010

On 02/08/2010 11:42 PM, Jin-Hwan Cho wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2010, at 5:03 AM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>
>> Hi, ChoF.
>>
>> sorry, I thought it was a bug, because of your statement:
>>
>>> The PDF generated by XeTeX kills the application.
>>
>> I understood it as the PDF file generated by XeTeX crashed Adobe 9.
>
> You are right. Adobe Reader 9 (only in MS-Windows) will be crashed
> if it reads a PDF file without ID entry in the trailer. The BUG is in the
> application not the PDF, I think, because it is possible to ignore or to
> give a warning message as other Adobe Readers (e.g., in Mac OS X).

Hi, ChoF, sorry for not being able to reply before.

Probably it is not (x)dvipdfmx's fault, but being acroread 9 the latest
version of the standard PDF reader (being also the only one that
implements multimedia capabilities) and Windows the most extended OS, I
think it might be fixed (and no, I'm not on a Windows machine, I use
openSUSE).

Although if movie15_dvipdfmx solves this, there is no need for the fix.

>> BTW, I thought there was a movie15 version for (x)dvipdfmx that you
>> adapted from a previous version of the movie15 package by Alexander
>> Grahn. I'm afraid I have never used it, but isn't it possible to use
>> this version instead of writing \specials directly?
>
> I noticed that Alexander Grahn wrote an excellent package "movie15"
> using the "Screen" annotations, not the "Movie" annotation. Unfortunately,
> the package supports only pdflatex and latex+dvips+ps2pdf. But it is not
> hard to write a part for latex+dvipdfmx or xelatex. That's much easier than
> latex+dvips+ps2pdf, I think.

Excuse me, but either I'm missing something (which is probably true) or
it is all Greek to me.

You provided an adapted version for that package (as reported at
http://project.ktug.or.kr/pipermail/dvipdfmx/2009-December/000131.html).
There is a newer version from CTAN.

What is wrong with that version from you besides that is not adapted to
the latest released version form movie15?

> Thanks for your comments, ChoF.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo