[DVIPDFMx] 2010 engine plan

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Feb 6 07:06:57 KST 2010

Hello engine + driver developers,

I'd like to start working on the 2010 TeX Live release as soon as
possible, since history shows that it takes months between the
purportedly final sources and the actual release.

I'm supposing that xetex and pdftex are essentially stable and don't
have any big plans.  Yes?

Ditto dvipdfmx, ChoF/Matthias?  Did you have particular goals for a next
release?

That leaves LuaTeX.  Taco, what should we aim for shipping in 2010, and
when?  (And let's be sure that we update context and luatex in TL at the
same time this year, so context mkiv stands a chance.)

Thanks,
Karl