[DVIPDFMx] Re: a question about CJK font

Jin-Hwan Cho jinhwan.cho at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 07:16:43 KST 2009

Hi, Ôø¶¨·½.

Check the attached image that is the screenshot of your test1.pdf
under my Adobe Reader 9. I could not find any problem in your file.

1. The chinese characters in the first paragraph (with {GB}{song}
option)
    are thin and of poor quality, because the embedded fonts were
    Type3 bitmap fonts.

2. However, the characters are not in the second paragraph (with {GB}
{gbsn} option)
    because the embedded fonts were Type1 scalable fonts.

As I know, almost recent PDF viewers (e.g., Adobe Reader, Preview,
etc.) handle
Type3 bitmap fonts in this way.

Try to check your test1.pdf with Adobe Reader 9, not with Acrobat
Reader 7 Pro.

Best regards, ChoF.