[DVIPDFMx] dvipdfm?

Liu DongMiao liudongmiao at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 11:14:28 KST 2009

Dear Martin,

Why we need dvipdfmx?

pdflatex need we to generate much types of fonts.
For example, if we want to install our font for it, we need TFM, PFB,
MAP, and may FD.
But for latex+dvipdfmx, we only need TFM+PFB, or
TFM+TTF/OTF+cid-x.map+optional FD(For CJK).

For CJK fonts, we can suppose that all the fonts have one glyph, and
we only one tfm and many links.

Best regards,
Liu DongMiao