[DVIPDFMx] Allowing comments in PDF created ?

Matthias Franz matthias at ktug.or.kr
Sat Jul 25 08:49:08 KST 2009

Hello,

I'm also experiencing difficulties with the mailing list.
Here is a second attempt to answer Jerome's email:

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 04:29:26PM +0200, Jerome Duriez wrote:
>   The comments I'm speaking about are comments you can add in .pdf
> files with Adobe Standard. Such examples are in attached file.

Hello Jerome,

I didn't find any file attached to your posting, but it might be that
you are talking about PDF text annotations. Like dvipdfm, dvipdfmx
supports some specials to create annotations. See the dvipdfm manual
at http://gaspra.kettering.edu/dvipdfm/ for details.

A simple LaTeX example would be the following:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{times}
\begin{document}
  some text
  \special{pdf: ann width 3.0in height 20pt
     <</Type/Annot /Subtype/Text /Contents(This is a text annotation.)>>}
  more text
\end{document}

I don't know if there is a LaTeX package to create annotations more
easily.

Cheers,
--
Matthias