[DVIPDFMx] Allowing comments in PDF created ?

Jin-Hwan Cho jinhwan.cho at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 20:33:14 KST 2009

Hi, Josef Kleber.

I hope you already read the discussion on Heiko's zref-savepos package.
 From the discussion, I realized that the third line in the following
example
is necessary to run it with dvipdfmx or dvips+ps2pdf (thanks to Heiko).

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvipdfmx]{hyperref}
\pdfpageheight=\paperheight
\usepackage[dvipdfmx]{pdfcomment}
\begin{document}
Here is a text commment.\pdfcomment{Can you see me?}

\pdfmarkupcomment[markup=Highlight]{Highlight}{Can you see highlight?}
\pdfmarkupcomment[markup=Underline]{Underline}{Can you see underline?}
\pdfmarkupcomment[markup=Squiggly]{Squiggly}{Can you see Squiggly?}
\pdfmarkupcomment[markup=StrikeOut]{StrikeOut}{Can you see strikeout?}
\end{document}

So, how about to give the third line "\pdfpageheight=\paperheight"
automatically
if pdftex is running in dvi mode, not in pdf mode?
Ordinary users of your package would be happy if you kindly do that.

One more thing. If I change the order of calling the hyperref package
(or remove it),
pdfcomment failed to load the hyperref pacakge with the "dvipdfmx"
option
even though I give "dvipdfmx" option with the pdfcomment package.

Could you check this problem?

Cheers, ChoF.