[DVIPDFMx] Allowing comments in PDF created ?

Jerome Duriez duriez at geo.hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Jul 22 17:02:17 KST 2009

Hello, thank you for your answer. That's me that doesn't answer very
well, but in fact I'm now quite confused about this problem :

    The comments I'm speaking about are comments you can add in .pdf
files with Adobe Standard. Such examples are in attached file. I was
told by two different people that it was impossible to add these
comments in the .pdf files I generated. A third one confirmed me that it
was the default case when you work with Latex "on Linux" (I can not be
more precise for the moment, sorry...).

    What makes me confused is that :
- I was told that this is linked with security settings you can find in
somewhere like (in Adobe softwares) : Document -> Protection or Security
settings -> Comments : allowed or not. But I discovered that for the
same .pdf, open once with Adobe Reader, or once with Adobe Standard, the
comments are one time "allowed" and one time not...
- In all cases : I do not have Adobe Standard on my PC but on an other
one I tried myself for the first time if I can add comments in my .pdf.
It was completely possible, for the one generated with dvipdfmx
especially...

So in fact I do not know if I have always to face this problem : I asked
my supervisor if it is the case for him (he's the first to be concerned)
but at the moment I do not have the answer.
    I'm very sorry not to be able to be more precise, but maybe you've
already heard of something like this...

Jerome