[DVIPDFMx] dvipdfm vs. x vs. xx

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Dec 15 08:44:07 KST 2009

    Heiko>
    * UTF16-warning: AFAIK the hyperref code is correct in producing
      correct PDF strings in UTF16. I do not have information about
      xdvipdfmx, whether it uses different specials, expects the data
      in different form, ...

It would be nice if we (you-all :) could provide some explicit
documentation about dvipdfm vs. dvipdfmx vs. xdvipdfmx at some point ...
or does it already exist and Heiko and I are missing it?

dvipdfmx vs. xdvipdfmx is probably the most important thing to say,
since dvipdfm is dead, thanks to your (ChoF/Matthias) hard work.

Thanks,