[DVIPDFMx] changing PDF default to 1.5

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat Dec 5 19:16:45 KST 2009

Hans Hagen a écrit :
> Anyway, to me it looks kind of weird to set this in an ini file and
> not in the macro package. What if a macro package uses 1.6 features
> and the user sets the ini values to 1.3? Only the backend related code
> knows.

It's already quite the case: movie15.sty uses 1.6 features (without
setting pdfminorversion) and flashmovie.sty uses 1.7 features (without
setting pdfminorversion neither), both of them produce invalid 1.4 pdf,
which happily are read by Adobe Reader... But LaTeX is what it is
(frozen for ages), we have to cope with it...
--
Elie