[DVIPDFMx] binary mode for extractbb needed?

Matthias Franz matthias at ktug.or.kr
Tue Apr 7 07:28:12 KST 2009

Hello,

the ebb / extractbb utility has a command line option "-b"
for writing the output in binary mode. As far as I understand,
this only adds a "b" flag to the fopen library call. I don't
see that we need this because

1) I doubt that any of the systems we support actually makes a
distinction between text mode and binary mode for files, and

2) the file that is written is always a text file!

If no-one sees a reason to keep this option, I would remove
it (i.e., make it a no-op and don't list it in the usage info
any more).

Cheers,
--
Matthias