[DVIPDFMx] About \Rotate 90 command in PDF files

Jin-Hwan Cho chofchof at ktug.or.kr
Tue May 27 20:51:14 KST 2008

Dear Joseph Lee,

Thanks for your report. We are sorry that DVIPDFMx does not support "/
Rotate" yet.

Actually supporting this feature looks somewhat delicate.

Notice that DVIPDFMx is not a TeX engine such as pdfTeX and XeTeX.
Therefore,
the only way to get the information of the image is from special
commands.
It means that the information must be recorded inside the DVI file.
However, who
does record the information? TeX engine's do that.

For the images rotated other than right angles (90, 180, 270), I have
no idea and
maybe it's quite difficult for TeX engine to support those rotated
images.

For right angles, bounding box extraction utility such as extractbb
(formerly xbb)
must record the rotate degree in the ".xbb" file. And then, LaTeX
graphics driver
must interpret the meaning of the rotation and record the right
information in DVI.

Then, there is nothing for DVIPDFMx to do.

The developers of DVIPDFMx are trying to support bounding box of
multiple pages.
Along this way, we are also trying to find better solution.

Best regards, ChoF.