[DVIPDFMx] ebb conflicts with same named file from dvipdfm

Jin-Hwan Cho chofchof at ktug.or.kr
Mon May 26 22:59:17 KST 2008

On May 26, 2008, at 10:39 PM, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> Dear Jin-Hwan Cho,
>
> 2008/5/26 Jin-Hwan Cho <chofchof at ktug.or.kr>:
>> Anyway, as I guess, Karl wanted to remove the original (buggy) ebb
>> from TeXLive. So there may be no problem with TeXLive. Moreover, I do
>> not want the name "ebbx". If you want to remain the original "ebb".
>> Just
>> do not make the link, because if someone wants a new ebb, he can use
>> "extractbb -m" instead.
>>
>> Best regards, ChoF.
>>

> Many thanks for this information, I will follow your suggestion. More
> long term, i suspect we'll remove the old dvipdfm package, but people
> still seem to require it currently (not sure why).

In my opinion, if you have no problem in the size of your distribution,
there is no harm to leave the original dvipdfm and ebb. But some people
complains the bug of dvipdfm to me, not the author of dvipdfm.

Because TeXLive is a kind of standard, I thought that it may be better
to follow Karl Berry's suggestion.

Best regards, ChoF.