[DVIPDFMx] Re: Your two packages and DVIPDFMx

Jin-Hwan Cho chofchof at ktug.or.kr
Tue Jun 10 19:43:54 KST 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 5:47 PM, Alexander Grahn wrote:

> Hi Jin-Hwan,
>
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 02:40:07AM +0900, Jin-Hwan Cho wrote:
>> Anyway, you can use dvipdfmx after giving "dvipdfmx" option as
>> follows:
>>
>> \usepackage[dvipdfmx]{graphicx}
> Ok, with this option the example compiles.

That sounds good!

>> Please do not test the modified animate.sty or movie15.sty with the
>> dvipdfmx
>> in MiKTeX. The version may be somewhat old.
> That's obvious. When do you plan to update the CTAN version? The
> current
> available one is more than a year old. Once the CTAN version has been
> updated it usually takes a week or two to find its way into the MiKTeX
> repository.

The recent version 20080607 was taken by Karl Berry for the next
TeXLive 2008.
Unfortunately, I do not use MiKTeX so that I have no idea on MiKTeX.
Almost all
Japanese people and many Korean use Akira Kakuto's binary on MS-Windows,
and he always was the first person who accept the new version of
dvipdfmx.
Moreover, Akira maintains the WIN32 binary of TeXLive too.

Best regards, ChoF.