[DVIPDFMx] New specials and PGF version 2.00 support

Jin-Hwan Cho chofchof at ktug.or.kr
Thu Jun 5 16:18:45 KST 2008

Today, I uploaded a new code supporting PGF version 2.00 with dvipdfmx.

To do this, new DVI specials were required:

1. \special{pdf:bcontent} ... \special{pdf:econtent}

Its role is the same as \special{pdf:content}. These specials make it
possible
to assume that the coordinate is relative (not absolute) inside the
special.
However, the new special supports text too.

2. \special{pdf:code ...}

It is an abbreviation of \special{pdf:literal direct ...}.

3. \special{pdf:stream @object_name (input_string) << additional_dict
 >>}

Its role is the same as \special{pdf:fstream}. The difference is that
the new
special read the content from the input string not from an external
file.

4. \special{pdf:exobj << additional_dict >>}

For these specials, I uploaded the PGF driver for DVIPDFMx and a patch
file
in the contrib/generic directory. The recommended usage is as follows:

\usepackage[dvipdfmx]{graphicx}
\usepackage{tikz}
\input{pgfsys-dvipdfmx-patch}

You can see the PGF manual, version 2.00 generated by DVIPDFMx. The
file size was reduced from 3.7M to 2.3M (by Matthias' work!)

Any comment is welcome.

Best regards, ChoF.